Saturday 5 July 2014

Music Video Analysis (4)

Rather Be - Clean Bandit
















A mixture music video as the artists appear in the video and perform as part of the narrative. They include their logo constantly throughout the video in different formats.





Camera:
-close up on facial expressions
-long shot on performance in order to see everything and crowd to emphasise the setting
-high angles making the girl in the video seem young and innocent
-establishing shots of a koi pond to set the scene (japan)

Mise en scene:
-the band logo is used to show the characters obsession with the band and how they have worked theri way into her everyday life as they are all she seems to be thinking about
-the girl lip sings the lyrics, she is listening to the song

Editing:
-fades from the opening scene to the start of the narrative which is a long shot of the girl in bed
-small montage of her trying to runaway

Sound:
-The lyrics don't appear to have much relation to whats happening in the video
-there is diegetic sound at the beginning of the pond to help set the scene

Lyrics:                                                                                                               Analysis:
[Verse 1:]
We're a thousand miles from comfort, we have traveled land and sea   (distance doesn't 
But as long as you are with me, there's no place I'd rather be               effect their love)
I would wait forever, exalted in the scene
As long as I am with you, my heart continues to beat

[Pre-Chorus:]
With every step we take, Kyoto to The Bay                                   (they're an in sync 
Strolling so casually                                                                    couple)
We're different and the same, get you another name
Switch up the batteries

[Chorus:]
If you gave me a chance I would take it                       (Do anything for them)
It's a shot in the dark but I'll make it
Know with all of your heart, you can't shake me            (Lasting love for them)
When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be
N-n-n-no, no, no, no place I'd rather be [3x]                 (Only place they want to be is with                        
                                                                                                  them)
[Verse 2:]
We staked out on a mission to find our inner peace
Make it everlasting so nothing's incomplete                  (Happy with each other, want it to be
It's easy being with you, sacred simplicity                     like that forever)
As long as we're together, there's no place I'd rather be

[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]

When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be

[Bridge:]
Hmmmmmmmmmm, hoooooooooo
Be [9x]
Yeah-e-yeah-e-yeah-e-yeah-e-yeah, yeah, yeah

[Chorus]

When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be



No comments:

Post a Comment