Sunday 6 July 2014

Music Video Analysis (10)

You Me At Six - Lived A Lie

This is a performance music video.

Camera:
-close ups on his face and playing instruments
-ECU on each band members eye
-varied close ups and long shots of the band members against the white screen
-long shots of the band surrounded by fire, then close ups on all their facial expressions

Mise en scene:
-looks like a warehouse with a white screen as their backdrop
-setting changes to a street scene
-setting doen't have much to do with the lyrics
-band all together at the end performing
-roman numerals of 6 in lights at the back of thei performance, links to their name

Editing:
-cuts between the different band members during the intro of them playing their instruments
-gradually builds up from long shot to close up on member singing
-between some cuts uses, like old videos, it flickers
-fast paced between shots of the band members during the upbeat chorus
-blurred at the end

Sound:
-starts straight away with guitar playing
-as the chorus starts the setting changes

Lyrics:                                                                                     Analysis:
Well somebody told me
That I would be a dreamer for life
Somebody told me I would never reach the other side    (he was told he would never achieve 
Well you say I'm old news, but cross your fingers            his dreams) 
I’m yours to lose.
What if I told you, that things will never improve

And if I lived a lie                                                  (if he was living a lie would someone 
Would someone meet me on the other side                 help him realise so he can fix it) 
So I can burn up bright,
(so I can burn, so I can burn)

The grass is always greener,                                  
Someone else's past is always cleaner,
But I'm a believer, that there's a fool in all of us        (nobodies perfect) 

And if I lived a lie
Would someone meet me on the other side
So I can burn up bright

Oh, I don't really know where our ghosts go            (no one knows whats going to happen
No, I don't really know where Our ghosts go             can't predict anyones future) 
So live a lie just tonight, tonight

We are believers, we are believers [7x]                 (in themselves) 
We are, we are.

If I lived a lie
Would someone meet me on the other side
So I can burn up bright

And if I lived a lie
Would someone meet me on the other side
So I can burn up bright

Oh, I don't really know where our ghosts go
No, I don't really know where our ghosts go,
So live a lie just tonight, tonight
And burn up bright.



No comments:

Post a Comment