Friday 21 November 2014

What Have I Learned From Research?

From the codes and conventions I learned about, I would like to include:
Having a mixture (both performance and narrative included) as my music video.
I will use close ups as they are common generic camera angles used in music videos.
The majority of conventions I looked at were to do with performance videos which isn't really what I want to include in my music video.
I'm not sure yet whether I want to do a linear or fragmented narrative style, I think a fragmented style would suit the song I am using more.

From the research into the singer/songwriter genre I have learned:
Their main concern is to place more emphasis on the song rather than the performance of it. Therefore, I will represent the lyrics in my music video by based the narrative around them and by including some elements of performance so there is a focus on the singing and instruments. 

From my audience research questionnaire:
Overall, their prefered genres of music were pop and singer/songwriter which is good because my song fits into the singer/songwriter genre. The majority of people prefered music videos containing both narrative and performance so this is what I am going to include in my video to appeal to my audience.

From music video analysis:
In the majority of music videos I looked at there wasn't really any diegetic sound, it just went straight into the music playing.
The editing and cuts tend to match the pace of the music so I will use slower cuts to match the song I am using.
The artists tend to get the most camera attention but I'm not sure yet if I'm going to include the artist in the narrative parts of the video.
Generally the mise en scene can be related to the lyrics in some way which is what I want to include in my music video.










No comments:

Post a Comment