Friday 26 September 2014

Progress Link Post

Initially I thought I was just making a music video but after this lesson I have realised I am making more than that. The music video is going to be selling something to the audience, its not just selling the song but also what people want or what they aspire to. For example a song that is based on love will have lyrics that will people will be able to relate or want to be able to relate to when it comes to love. The song will also have a music video with it showing a perfect relationship where the couple are happy and everything is working out. This will appeal to people because they would aspire to be in a relationship like that so the music video will be selling them the ideals that they would want in their relationships.

This song and video are a good example of the perfect relationship and love working out. The audience watching this will want to feel like this at some point in their lives and for love to work out for them. It meets certain people's aspirations and dreams.

From learning this I now need to apply the theory that the music video will mean a lot more to my audience than just listening to a song and watching a music video and it should meet something they want in order for it to appeal to them and stand out for them as something memorable. I need to ensure I keep this in mind when making my product.

No comments:

Post a Comment